Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Is it Picnic Time?

Teddy Bear's Picnic that is. Well of course, any time is good, but now you can go outside! When I was young, and falling in love with bears, I had many a TBP inside in the winter. I guess it would be rightly called a tea party, not a picnic. By the back door of our log cabin, there would be a little snow if you lifted the tarp strip on the bottom of the door [you know, the draft stopper]. One could scoop a teensy bit, let it set near the round wood heater [the one with the isinglass windows in the front] and soon it melted and you had 'tea' for a bear party. I'm not sure why that seemed such fun, but it was and is a treasured memory to this day.
Is it any wonder I enjoy making memory teddy bears? Preserving memories for others, creating heirloom treasures, this is a job I truly love. If you'd like to visit my web site, Home of the Bellybutton Bears, just click there to drop in. Email me any questions at Bellybuttonbears@charter.net. Between us, we'll come up with a way to turn your special items into a memory bear to treasure.

No comments: