Saturday, January 7, 2012

Repost from 2008 - Oregon Trail story available now!

How DID they get their bellybutton?

I'm talking about Bellybutton Bears and their bellybutton. Yes, every single bear that I make has a bellybutton. Even if they have a shirt or something else on, take a peak. There is a bellybutton! First, it sounded cute. Second, it looked cute. Then I wrote a story about how the first one got it's bellybutton. "The Bellybutton Legend" is an original story that I wrote, print and bind. In the works is a series of Bellybutton Bear stories, following them through history. All stories will be 'family safe'. Email [bellybuttonbears@charter.net] to find out how to get a copy of the Original legend AND the Oregon Trail story.
Some folks, when ordering a bear, send their own buttons for eyes and bellybuttons. However, if they do not, I have pounds which I go through until I find just the right ones for each individual bear. Sometimes it takes quite a while, because...they have to fit the bear, the personality, the feeling I have gotten from communicating with the customer.
So there you are - you still don't know how they got their bellybutton do you? hmmmm......

No comments: