Friday, August 29, 2008

More Memory Bear bits......

A customer recently noted, when we spoke on the phone, that she was not aware that each bear gets a paper tag. Yes, they do. It is part of the package, so to speak, at Bellybutton Bears. If I have been sent a photo, I include it on the tag, and/or any words they may wish, to include dates, verses etc.



They also get a ribbon or something around the neck, in a complimentary color, and that is what the tag hangs on. It is made out of cardstock, and can be left on the bear or removed and put away.



Bears arms and legs are normally attached with heavy upholstery thread and buttons. This is an old style joint method used by many early doll makers. I use buttons from the garments you send, if there are any and they are the right kind. If not, I have a few pounds of buttons to select from! Each bear also gets a bellybutton, even if it has something on it that hides the bellybutton. Eyes are made from buttons as well, and you may request the color you prefer.



I can add a photo or embroidery to a vest, chest or footpad. There is an extra charge if I add embroidery or photos to a bear, because it takes a bit extra time and effort. My sister does the embroidery for me.



Part of this may have been covered before - but things I take for granted with the bears are sometimes just totally new to someone else!

No comments: